Paris, France, 17 October 2023: Leader will maintain its emphasis on easing the transition from SDI to IP networking and operation at the upcoming SATIS exhibition, La Plaine Saint-Denis, 15-16 November. Joining colleagues from Paris-based channel partner Audiopole on stand B40 – C42 will be Kevin Salvidge (Sales Engineering Manager) and Djamel Djadi (Business Development Manager).
“Core of the Leader demonstrations will be the new LT4670 SDI/IP reference and test signal generator,” Djamel Djadi comments. “Occupying just 1U, this is a compact high precision instrument robustly built for use in film and television studios, remote production control facilities and OB trucks as well as editing and grading suites. The LT4670 is available with a wide range of tools including six independent analog synchronous signal outputs, digital audio outputs and linear timecode in/out.”
The standard LT4670 toolset includes 48 kHz word-clock output synchronized to incoming video; genlocked black burst signals and tri-level sync pulse generation; hot-swappable power supply and fan units to ensure workflow continuity; operator-presettable memory; stabilized return to genlock from stay-in-sync; and synchronous control between devices (L-SYNC).
“Customers can invest in additional LT4670 features as or when needed to support their transition from SDI-specific to SDI/IP hybrid or IP-centric operation,” adds Kevin Salvidge. “This follows the purchase strategy Leader offers across many of its products, giving operators the freedom to profile their investments to match their present and anticipated workflows.”
Options currently available for the LT4670 include:
• GNSS-compatibility (option LT4670-SER01) with output locked to the frequency and time obtained from GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO or BDS.
• SDI support for up to four outputs (SDI option LT4670-SER02).
• PTP-compatibility (option LT4670-SER03) allowing operation as a grandmaster.
• Option LT4670-SER04 adds support up to four multi-rate SDI test signal outputs (up to 12G) plus two 10G/25G Ethernet ports for ST 2110 test signal streams with ST 2022-7 redundancy.
• Lip-sync pattern (SDI option) allows measurement of video and audio timing discrepancies on SDI signal transmission.
• User pattern (SDI option) allows customer‐generated BMP and TIF images to be used as test patterns.
• Superimposed embedded audio (SDI option) displaying 16 channels in four groups of four.
• Timecode pattern display (SDI option) can be superimposed at any position on the screen.
• Freeze confirmation function (SDI option) allows scrolling patterns, moving boxes, scrolling ID character flashes or flashing circles to be superimposed on patterns.
• 4K 3G quad-link output (LT4670-SER21). Two SDI output options (LT4670-SER02) are required.
The LV7600 SDI/IP rasterizing waveform monitor offers the same capabilities as Leader’s flagship LV5600 but in a low-profile 19 inch 1U form-factor for easy rack or desk mounting. Both models provide the facilities needed to monitor SDI as well as video-over-IP signals seamlessly in a hybrid operating environment. Engineering-related features include test pattern generation, eye pattern display, closed-caption monitoring, CIE chroma chart, HDR measurement, focus assist, customizable screen layout, tally interface and 4K/UHD operation as well as 10G/25G IP input and 12G-SDI interfaces. SMPTE 2022-6, SMPTE 2022-7 and SMPTE 2110 protocols are all supported.
Also incorporated in the LV7600 are Leader’s CINEZONE and CINELITE which allow fast and intuitive quality monitoring by content production staff. Recently introduced as an option for the LV5600 and LV7600, the SER33 toolset offers television broadcast production teams the resources they need to check the quality of JPEG XS feeds during pre-transmission system alignment and live content delivery. Incoming JPEG XS signal streams can be decoded within the test instrument for comparison with uncompressed sources using the multiscreen facilities common to the LV5600 and LV7600. The toolset also includes a JPEG XS test pattern generator.
Leader has earned a worldwide reputation for designing and manufacturing highly reliable, practical and powerful test and measurement instruments. Leader products are specified for broadcast, production, post-production, research, product development and service applications. Manufacturing quality is built in every step of the way. The Leader product range includes award-winning 3G/HD/SD SDI waveform monitors and rasterizers, all with customizable layouts. Among the available options are 8K, 4K/UHD, CIE chroma chart, HDR measurement, test pattern generation, eye and jitter measurement, closed-caption display, IP, and 12G/6G-SDI. Leader has helped many customers manage their transition from analog to digital, from SD to HD, from HD to 4K/UHD, from SDR to HDR, and from BT.709 to BT.2020 wide color gamut. Leader also provides SMPTE ST2022-7 and ST2110 support for the transition from SDI to IP.