25 September, 2023 – PlayBox Neo, the global leader in broadcast-quality media management and playout solutions, reports a well-attended and successful 2023 International Broadcasting Convention. Held at its usual RAI Amsterdam location, 15-18 September, the show attracted a claimed 43,000 registered attendees compared with the IBC 2022 figure of 37,000.
“I would like to thank the many people who took time out to visit IBC,” says Pavlin Rahnev, PlayBox Neo founder and CEO. “Traffic level at our stand was high on all four days of the show with many visitors expressing strong interest in the latest additions to our industry-proven range of media management and playout products and services. For those who didn’t get to the show, we will be promoting our latest developments on the PlayBox Neo website. Stay tuned for our next webinar or contact us for a one-to-one online discussion.”
PlayBox Neo demonstrations at IBC 2023 centered around smart media solutions based on the PlayBox Neo Suite unified graphic interface which is easy to learn and eye-friendly even on long working shifts. Newly announced at IBC 2023 was official certification of Dolby® Digital Plus Professional encoding for the PlayBox Neo Suite Live Encoder. Integrating the latest Dolby software libraries, the Dolby Digital Professional™ and Dolby Digital Plus Professional™ implementations are now available as individual licenses.
Five recent additions to the PlayBox Neo range of solutions were demonstrated at the show:
• Media Gateway allows routing and transcoding to be performed entirely in software, offering significant savings in terms of cost, space and maintenance. Integral software codecs allow signal conversion between multiple formats.
• Capture Suite is designed to eliminate workflow congestion which can occur when above-average amounts of incoming content need to be processed at short notice.
• ProductionAirBox Neo-20 allows content manipulation and delivery to be performed with the near-zero latency demanded for fast-paced broadcast news, sports and live production.
• TS Time Delay supports region-specific time delay of transport streams such as DVB/ATSC MPEG, retaining the full original quality of source content. Delays can be preset to run in fully hands-off mode or switched at any time to alternative offsets.
• AdBox Neo enables content owners to maximize their business potential by targeting advertisements for specific audiences with ad insertion and digital program insertion in UHD/HD or SD workflows.
PlayBox Neo is a globally active leader in the development and manufacture of broadcast media playout and channel branding solutions, powering over 19,500 TV and branding channels in more than 120 countries. Building on 23 years of successful innovation, the company pioneered the development of high-efficiency server-based and cloud-based playout to support every scale and type of one-to-many communication.
PlayBox Neo broadcast products and cloud solutions cover everything from live playout to fully automated transmission. Users include national and international broadcasters, start-up TV channels, webcasters, interactive TV and music channels, film channels, remote TV channels, corporate information channels and disaster recovery channels.
Available for all PlayBox Neo systems, the optional ASM&TS (Annual Software Maintenance & Technical Support) subscription offers extended 24/7 support and software upgrades, ensuring maximum operational reliability and future-proofing.
With its commercial headquarters in Europe, PlayBox Neo has offices in the USA (PlayBox Neo LLC), Singapore (PlayBox Neo Asia Pacific), India (PlayBox Neo India), and the UK.